The Hiland Theater Summer Programs
NDI New Mexico at The Hiland Theater offers full day and half day summer programs each year for ages 3-18, as well as ongoing adult classes.
Early Steps (Ages 3-6)
3 One-week sessions | June 13-30
Each week features different theme. Students can do one, two or all three weeks. Allows students to joyfully explore the fundamentals of dance, music, and movement. Each one-week thematic camp will feature fun classes ranging from Creative Movement, Pre -Ballet, Pre-Hip-Hop, Pre-Jazz, Pre-Tap and Mini Movers.
- Ages 3-5 | Tuesday - Friday | 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. | includes dancing, an activity, and a snack
- Ages 5-7 | Tuesday - Friday | 9:00 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. | includes dancing, an activity, and a snack
Ages 3-5 - $120 per week
Ages 5-7 - $140 per week
Arts In Motion (Ages 8-17)
Musical Theater Camp | July 5-15 | Ages 9-14*
*No experience necessary
Students will take classes in dance, voice and acting while rehearsing a show.
- Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Improv, Voice/Acting
- Culminates in a performance at The Hiland Theater on Saturday, July, 15
- Monday-Friday | 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Performance | Saturday, July 15 at 3pm
Hip-Hop Dance Camp | July 5-15 | Ages 11-16*
*No experience necessary
Students will explore different street dance forms such as breaking, hip-hop, house and tap dance as well as fun improvisational classes. Students will get to show off what they have learned at The Hiland Summer Jam Saturday, July 15, 5-8pm featuring... cyphers, battles, food trucks and more!
- Monday - Friday | 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- The Hiland Summer Jam | Saturday, July, 15 | 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Dance Discovery | July 17-28
Beginner Levels Ages 8-11 | Intermediate Levels Ages 11-14
Dance Discovery is a fun and nurturing dance experience for beginner to intermediate level movers ages 8-14, an opportunity to explore a variety of dance forms. Rotating Dance Classes in Ballet, Modern, Contemporary, Tap, Jazz, Hip-Hop, Breaking and more!
- Beginner | Monday-Friday | 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Intermediate | Monday-Friday | 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Show and Tell performance on Friday, July, 28 at 3:00 p.m.
Beg. Level - $450
Int. Level - $600
Continuum Dance Intensive | July 17-29
The Continuum Dance Intensive is a rigorous dance intensive designed for upper-level dancers ages 11 and up. Continuum features nationally recognized and acclaimed master teachers and choreographers from around the country offering classes and workshops in Ballet, Partnering, Contemporary, Modern, Jazz, Hip-Hop, Improvisation, Cross-Training, Career Planning and Repertoire. View details about the intensive.
- Monday-Friday | 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Saturday | 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Performance Saturday, July, 29 at 7:00 p.m.
Layla Amis, Vladimir Conde Reche, Elana Anderson, Kiki Lucas, Rodney Rivera and more!
Non Hiland Company Dancers – $1200
The Hiland Company Dancers - $750
Continuum Educators Workshop | July 24-29
This workshop is a robust, expansive, and inspiring enrichment opportunity designed for professionals, educators, studio owners, directors and choreographers. It will consist of classes/workshops in multiple forms for a wide range of ages, observation and discussion, panels, events, and free performances while cultivating relationships with fellow artists, educators, directors, choreographers, and studio owners. Participants can choose from a range of specialized areas and/or ages to focus on such as choreography, Young Children’s and more.
- Monday-Thursday | 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Friday 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.*Optional free performances and community events 2-3 times during the evenings
Contact Wendy Barker
Phone: (505) 340-0200